[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Tue Sep 14 21:00:02 EDT 1999

nugget :: 14-Sep-1999 02:39 (Tuesday) ::

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that the countries stats page was
a bit, well, abbreviated last night.  That problem has now been fixed
and the page should look just fine at the conclusion of tonight's run.

http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/countries.html

For performance reasons we use persistent connections between apache+php
and the Sybase sql server.  This means that when you hit a page and
run a query, it can inherit the state information of a previously-run
query.  One of the things I have to be very careful to do is reset
any row limiting setting (set rowcount <n>) at the start of each
query.  Seems I forgot to do this in the countries code, and it
inherited a "set rowcount 10" from a previous query.

Should be all fixed now, thanks for your patience.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net