[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Thu Sep 16 21:00:03 EDT 1999

nugget :: 16-Sep-1999 20:43 (Thursday) ::

Just a quick update, but a pretty momentous one.  The first (and most
crucial) step to getting history graphs back online has been passed.

As I've explained earlier, the implementation of retiring emails had
significantly increased the complexity (and cost) of running history
queries.  This is why we haven't really rushed to get those queries
re-implemented.

It finally dawned on me today how to accomplish the historical query
at a reasonable speed and still incorporate retired emails into the
equation.  This also marks the return of the fabled _raw queries from
the old statsbox.

http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/phistory_raw.php3?id=1

As you can see, it's really not much to look at yet, but your scripts
should love it.  Next step is to make a pretty, human-readable version
and then we do graphs.  The hard part is behind us at this point.

Time to throw on the headphones, crank up some crunchy guitar and
start coding furiously.  :)

daa :: 16-Sep-1999 21:21 (Thursday) ::

  Well , now that I got Nugget to get phistory_raw.php3 to work.

is back , but will be moving to stats.distributed.net

daa :: 16-Sep-1999 21:21 (Thursday) ::

  Well , now that I got Nugget to get phistory_raw.php3 to work.

http://www.distributed.net/statistics/em_plot.cgi?id=1

is back , but will be moving to stats.distributed.net

nugget :: 16-Sep-1999 22:26 (Thursday) ::

See below for more details.  I've got the "pretty" version of phistory
all polished up and ready for display.

http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/phistory.php3?id=1

There's also a convienent link from everyone's psummary pages, so the
participants who don't read the .plans will find it, too.

As daa said, the graphing is mostly functional, although it's still
slaving from nodezero which is a pessimal solution.  I'm also going
to try to come up with a solution that doesn't involve the mess of
gnuplot that we were using.  I should be able to do the graphs in
php which is a much more efficient solution.

then, of course, team histories...

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net