[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Fri May 5 20:58:04 EDT 2000

bovine :: 05-May-2000 05:29 (Friday) ::

Within the last few days we've been getting reports from some users that
their virus scanners have suddenly begun detecting the presence of the
Win32.Weird.12288 virus within DNETC.EXE, DNETC.COM, and DNETC.SCR of the
v2.8007.458b client.  This false report is known to occur with the May 1
version of the VET Virus scanner, and we have been assured that the error
has been corrected in their most recent virus signatures.  Most users
would probably have updated to the corrected signatures if they had also
updated to signatures that include detection of the ILOVEYOU worm anyways.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net