[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Mon Oct 23 21:00:02 EDT 2000

decibel :: 23-Oct-2000 03:09 (Monday) ::

Something went slightly amiss with the OGR run tonight, so OGR stats will
run after RC5 stats are done. They should be done by about 0900 GMT (4AM
CDT).

decibel :: 23-Oct-2000 10:28 (Monday) ::

OGR stats are running right now. I'm also running some maintenance on the
database, which will take an hour or two. Until it's done, expect tally
to be *SLOW*.

moose :: 23-Oct-2000 15:12 (Monday) ::

I wanted everyone to know that the latest in our worm saga has arrived.
Our friendly worm writer has included my personal email address as the
configured ID in dnetc.ini (gentleps at muohio.edu.) I would like to take
this time to assure everyone that I did not produce this worm.

This worm is spread via open c shares to c:\windows\system and
c:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\. You should be able to use bovine's
wormfree (http://www1.distributed.net/~bovine/wormfree.zip) program to
clean your machine. You can read more about his application and what it
does at http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=bovine. If
this does not work contact us and we will work to update the program.

We will be correcting my stats within the next day or so, but until then
please understand that they will be corrected soon.

Please feel free to email email abuse at distributed.net or
help at distributed.net if you have any questions about this or any other
worms.

Thank you for your understanding.  Paul

decibel :: 23-Oct-2000 21:06 (Monday) ::

The maintenance I'm running is taking a lot longer than I expected. It's
not really impacting http on the box, but the web access is slowing the
maintenance down by quite a bit, and we can't do OGR statsruns until it's
done. So, I've turned web access off again for now, to give things a chance
to finish up. I'll get the web turned back on as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net