[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Tue Oct 31 19:00:02 EST 2000

decibel :: 31-Oct-2000 11:05 (Tuesday) ::

There are some errors in the team stats on OGR, due to some new code I
implemented (which is supposed to fix some other errors!) I'm aware of
the problem and will get things straightened out ASAP.

At some point in the near future, I will be re-calculating all the team
statistics for OGR from scratch to eliminate some errors. The new stats
code doesn't recreate the team tables from scratch every night like the
old code does; instead, it takes the list of participants that did work
that day and adds the work they did to their total work. Sounds simple in
theory, but when you add retires and retroactive-active team joins (when
you join a team, any work you've done that wasn't assigned to a team gets
assigned to the one you just joined) to the mix, things start to get a
bit tricky. There is currently a problem with how both of these events
are (or rather, were) handled by the stats code. This means that the
information displayed by the team and team member pages is not totally
accurate.

As soon as I'm sure that I've fixed all these bugs, I'll re-calculate the
team information so that it's accurate once again. When I do this though,
your team might jump up or down a few places. This isn't because we're
short-changing you, it's because the numbers were wrong to begin with.
}:8)

I'll be certain to post a .plan when I actually re-do the numbers.

decibel :: 31-Oct-2000 13:09 (Tuesday) ::

I'm re-running OGR stats for yesterday to take care of those errors.  It's
taking a long time since a backup is also happening, so I'm going to turn
web access back on. Don't be alarmed when it looks like stats haven't run
for OGR. }:8)

moose :: 31-Oct-2000 18:42 (Tuesday) ::

The Following Clients have been placed/updated for pre-release:

- Windows 95/98/NT [x86/Zipped]  v2.8011.464e  2000-10-31

The Pre-Release Page can be found at:

http://www.distributed.net/download/prerelease.html

changes.txt file is included in the download.

Please remember to report bugs at http://www.distributed.net/bugs/

Enjoy!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net