[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Mon Jan 1 19:00:02 EST 2001

nugget :: 01-Jan-2001 20:53 (Monday) ::

Happy New (Year|Millennium) from all the cows at distributed.net!

I realize that things have been a bit quiet on the d.net front lately.
Between the holidays and a bunch of us in the middle of moving to Austin,
it's been difficult to stay on top of everything.  Thankfully, it looks
like everything's starting to settle down again and we're in good shape
as we start the new year.

On the statsbox front (in case you haven't heard) we've got a nice Dell
PowerEdge server that has been provided by United Devices which we expect
to put into production in the first half of January.  We're waiting for
more bandwidth at UD's data center before we turn everyone loose on the
machine.  It's also only got one of the four processors we want.

After we add the other three processors, it'll be a quad Xeon 500 with a
gig of ram and a boat-load of scsi drives.

Thanks for your patience through the holidays.  And a special thank you
to all the members of the Japan Windows NT Users Group (
http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/tmsummary.php3?team=8024 ) for sending
the *really* cool 2001 cow calenders and case emblems.  They've been a
big hit with everyone here.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net