[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Sun Jul 1 20:54:07 EDT 2001

decibel :: 01-Jul-2001 17:15 (Sunday) ::

For those who have noticed that the proxy info page is down, or that
keyrates aren't being properly reported it #distributed, there's a *good*
reason. We're now running on our new keymaster. I won't go into the details
as I don't want to steal dbaker's thunder... hopefully he'll post a .plan
when he wakes up this afternoon (he and cow were working on getting the
new master installed until just a few hours ago).

As might be expected, there are a few things that still need to be taken
care of, and stats are one of them. It will probably be sometime tomorrow
before stats are completely up to date.

dbaker :: 01-Jul-2001 22:40 (Sunday) ::

I'm pleased to announce the installation and implementation of our brand
new Dell Poweredge 2550 master server.  This new server is a dual processor
PIII-1GHz machine with 1GB of ram, 70GB RAID-5 SCSI disk, and redundant
power supplies.

The distributed.net master server is the head project server for OGR and
RC5.  It handles the creation of all new work, processing of completed
work, logging, and various other operational tasks.

This new capacity and processing power will allow faster processing of
work, more reliable proxy network functionality, and additional log storage.

Jeff (bovine) and I completed the process of transitioning to the new
server 3am EDT and it has been working flawlessly since then.

Thanks to everyone for their gracious financial support that has allowed
us to continue to expand our network infrastructure.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net