[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Sat Jun 9 20:55:35 EDT 2001

bwilson :: 09-Jun-2001 01:26 (Saturday) ::

Now we know <a
href="http://oldcgi.distributed.net/cgi/planarc.cgi?user=nugget&plan=2001-06-08.06:06">something</a>.

The stats database is running short on space.  This may have contributed
to the unexpected outage, but more importantly, a Sybase database this
full and this heavily used bogs down terribly.  We have the stats pages
turned off while we correct the problem.  The stats run will be delayed
as a result (about 3 hours or so).  Decibel will announce when it's been
reactivated.

bwilson :: 09-Jun-2001 01:26 (Saturday) ::

Now we know <a
href="http://oldcgi.distributed.net/cgi/planarc.cgi?user=nugget&plan=2001-06-08.06:06">something</a>.

The stats database is running short on space.  This may have contributed
to the unexpected outage, but more importantly, a Sybase database this
full and this heavily used bogs down terribly.  We have the stats pages
turned off while we correct the problem.  The stats run will be delayed
as a result (about 3 hours or so).  Decibel will announce when it's been
reactivated.

decibel :: 09-Jun-2001 18:06 (Saturday) ::

The stats database is back in operation, and much happier now that it has
some room. Between the machine being down (there was a SCSI bus error that
required a reboot), and the space problems, there hasn't been a stats run
since the 6th. RC5 stats are running right now, but in order to expedite
things, I'm going to leave web access turned off, at least until the rc5
run is done. Things should be back to normal late tonight.

bovine :: 09-Jun-2001 23:01 (Saturday) ::

Earlier this week, our statistics graphs were migrated to our new webserver.
Accesses to http://www.distributed.net/statistics/ will now be served from
there.  During the next few days, a few of the graphs may be broken while
we work to adjust all of the automation for the new machine.  We are
simultaneously migrating as many of the images as possible from GIF to
PNG format.

Our bugzilla bug tracking database has also just been migrated onto the
new server.  For both cases, redirects should be in place to ensure that
anyone accessing any of the temporary "oldcgi" URLs that we were issuing
in the transition period will automatically be sent to the proper location.

The next major phase in the migration will be to move all user accounts,
plan files, and user web pages to the new server, which will be attempted
sometime within the next couple of weeks.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net