[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Sat Mar 29 00:00:03 EST 2003

sdodson :: 28-Mar-2003 00:18 GMT (Friday) ::

First I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Scott Dodson and I've
been working with the help at distributed.net and now more recently the
abuse at distributed.net mail queues.

Recently there have been numerous reports of individuals scanning the stats
web pages for participants who are not on teams and then "spamming" users
asking them to join their teams. This activity is not allowed and will not be
tolerated. If we find the report to be accurate we will remove the address from
the stats database and all work from that ID will not be credited to the team.

If you have any questions about this I advise you to review our legal policy
available at http://www.distributed.net/legal/policy.html and contact
help at distributed.net if you have any concerns.

If you would like to report abuse issues please contact abuse at distributed.net
and be sure to include mail headers from the messages you have received.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net