[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Wed Sep 3 01:00:03 EDT 2003

decibel :: 02-Sep-2003 09:46 CDT (Tuesday) ::

Two issues people should be aware of:

- There is a problem with apache processes sometimes consuming several hundred
megs of memory. We don't know what's causing this yet, although it seem to
only happen during certain parts of the daily statsrun. Because of this, I've
dropped the connection timeout to 30 seconds. This could affect users who are
on dial-up.

- Database connection errors are not being properly trapped. When PHP can't
connect to the database, you'll get incorrect output, such as 'team does not
exist'. Give it a few minutes and try again; the data is there.

decibel :: 02-Sep-2003 13:58 CDT (Tuesday) ::

I'm doing some quick maintenance which means some pages won't be working for
the time being. Should hopefully take only 10 minutes or so.

decibel :: 02-Sep-2003 17:02 CDT (Tuesday) ::

Good news; I've found and corrected the problem with the apache processes
consuming several hundred meg, which means not only can I bump the timeout
setting back up, but that you're much less likely to run into database
connection errors (which are still masquerading as other errors).