[plans] distributed.net .plan update

Plan Man plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Tue Jan 17 19:00:03 EST 2006

dbaker :: 17-Jan-2006 22:12 GMT (Tuesday) ::

Hi, folks.

As Bovine announced 18 months ago in this plan entry:
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/planarc.cgi?user=bovine&plan=2004-06-28.08:48
we are shutting down the *.v27.distributed.net DNS entries and finishing the
migration to v2.9 clients. All v27 DNS entries now point to 127.0.0.1 in order
to avoid problems in some of the older clients if the DNS failed to resolve.

All current clients should already be using the *.v29.distributed.net servers,
so this should not impact any clients or proxies. If you haven't upgraded your
client or proxy software recently, I recommend visiting:

http://www.distributed.net/download/clients.php for clients
http://www.distributed.net/download/proxies.php for proxies

Thanks for your contribution.