[plans] distributed.net blog update

Jeff Lawson plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Sat Nov 27 19:05:01 EST 2010

distributed.net blog updates in the last 24 hours:

---

bovine :: 27-Nov-2010 00:18 UTC (Saturday) ::
http://blogs.distributed.net/2010/11/27/00/18/bovine/

After several weeks of anticipation, we’ve finished deploying our new stats servers and have fully transferred operations to them.   The two new machines (standard and deviation) should be able to provide us with sufficient capacity and reliability for the foreseeable future.  You can check out a picture of standard and deviation in our photo gallery.  Full hardware specs on our current and past servers are also listed on the statsbox FAQ page.  Our old server, fritz, has been physically relocated offsite and  is awaiting a disk wipe before we decide its final fate.

Stats should again be available at http://stats.distributed.net/ No loss of data occurred during this server transition.

We’d also like to thank Midas Networks in Austin, Texas for continuing to provide excellent hosting services to us.

Thanks for your attention! ]:8)