[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxy log files owned by root?

Mike Benna Mike at MindSpan.com
Thu Dec 18 16:11:13 EST 1997

Am I the only person seeing this problem?  It's a really quite annoying.

I'm running a personal proxy server under Linux ("Bovine RC5 Personal Proxy
for UNIX (Build 251)").  There's an rc5 user account and it's running under
that.  Each day when a new log file gets started, the proxy creates a file
that looks like this:

-rw-rw-r--   1 root     root            0 Dec 11 16:01 keys_1212.log

...and obviously it can't write to it ("rc5" doesn't have write permission
for the root group).  How do I control the owner and permissions of the new
log files?  The .INI file doesn't seem to have any settings.

BTW, this only seems to happen when it automatically rolls over to the next
day.  If I stop the proxy server, delete the old log file owned by root,
then restart the proxy server, the new one is owned by rc5.rc5 which is
exactly what I want.

Ideas?

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net