[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxy log files owned by root?

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Thu Dec 18 19:30:30 EST 1997

When you start the proxy, are you logged in as root, or is it started by a
startup script that runs as root? If it's not being started by root and
it's not running setuid as root, I don't see how it can create files that
are owned by root.

Then again if it is running as root, it should be able to write to any
file it likes. Are you starting it as root and running it setuid as rc5?

Chris Johnson

>Am I the only person seeing this problem?  It's a really quite annoying.
>
>I'm running a personal proxy server under Linux ("Bovine RC5 Personal
Proxy