[RC5-PROXYPER] alpha-linux perproxy and rhl 5.0

Michael Larocque mrl at riscan.com
Sat Dec 20 19:50:26 EST 1997

[posted to both rc5 and rc5-proxyper]

Sorry to intervene here with a note about something other than watches
and 4 day old stats, but I've got a problem concerning a d.n program.
;->

I've been running the alpha-linux perproxy successfully for several
weeks on my gateway/firewall box (an alpha udb running rhl 4.2 with
patches applied). Today I decided to upgrade to 5.0 (with all the
patches applied). Everything works fine with one exception. Whenever
the perproxy tries to contact rc5proxy.distributed.net to flush/fetch
blocks, I get the following message:

...  Error locating host rc5proxy.distributed.net

And yup, all of my networking clients work fine. ie. I can ping,
telnet, ftp, yada, yada, yada, everywhere. And yes, I've tried
specifying one of the other proxies (i.e. rc5.best.net) with the same
results.

Does anyone out there have any idea what might be up, or have access
to an alpha running rhl 5.0 and can try to run the perproxy to see if
they have the same experience. I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA
Mike "I'm starting to buffer lots of blocks" Larocque

<*> Michael Larocque : mrl at riscan.com <*>

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net