[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxy log files owned by root?

Peter Dreuw pdreuw at wing.gun.de
Mon Dec 22 13:06:31 EST 1997

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Chucky Burnett wrote:

> :day.  If I stop the proxy server, delete the old log file owned by root,
> :then restart the proxy server, the new one is owned by rc5.rc5 which is
> :exactly what I want.
> :
> :Ideas?
>
>     It sounds as if you are loading it in a rc file... I run a Linux proxy
> also, and had this problem when loading it in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local... that is, the "current" file is owned by the rc5 user
> because you *manually* started it... but then when you
> reboot, root runs it... everything goes fine until the next day when it
> actually has to create a file, then you stop and start it
> again, etc... and there is the problem.

Try something like

 su rc5 -c /path/to/your/rc5/proxy

in your rc-file.

Works fine for me.

Salue

Peter
|  mailto:pdreuw at wing.gun.de                       | Sysop InfoBBS |
|  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dreuw/ +---------------+
|  mailto:Peter_Dreuw at p0.f441.n2433.z2.fidonet.org |   L I N U X   |
 Key fingerprint = 95 ED E8 06 65 7F A4 26  C4 30 2D E5 82 68 14 EE

--- FIDOGATE 3.9.7
--

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net