[RC5-PROXYPER] win proxy, missing dll

Tom Marshall tommym at owt.com
Wed Dec 24 09:05:16 EST 1997

> I tried upgrading from the win95 personal proxy 2513 to 261.  (I don't
> know if I need to, but I tried) and I get "A required DLL file, MSVCRT.DLL
> was not found"  Where can I get this, apparently it isn't inclded in
> either win95, or in the proxy distribution.

This is the runtime DLL for M$ Visual C++.  I can get a copy if you
haven't found it already.  Look around on other WinDoze machines that
have recent M$ software installed, just copy it over into your system
(95) or system32 (NT) directory.

Unfortunately, there is no version identifier with this file.  I don't
know if the DLL that comes with VC++ 4.0 is compatible with 4.2 or 5.0,
for example.  I have a copy of VC++ 5.0 so it's the latest in any case.

I would attach a copy right now, but I have recently converted my
machine to Linux and cheerfully erased NT.

Tommy
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net