[RC5-PROXYPER] proxy for private net

Michael Larocque mrl at riscan.com
Wed Dec 31 07:59:20 EST 1997

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 chasb at kukla.tiac.net wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> 	I have three machines here running rc564.  One of them has a
> real IP address that it uses for a PPP connection to the 'net.  All of
> them have bogus (192.128.*.*) addresses that they use for talking to
> each other on the house ethernet.
>
> 	When I configure proxyper (UNIX) with the IP address used on
> the PPP line, I can get the proxy exchange key blocks with the project
> Bovine servers but my ethernet systems do not have a route to that
> address.  When I configure proxyper to use my internal address, the
> clients can talk to it but it times out (duh!) on attempts to talk
> to the keyservers.
>
> 	Can the proxy be configured with multiple addresses?

There's no need (at least in my case) to specify an ip address at all.
Comment it out, point your internal machines to 192.128.1.1 (or
whatever your perproxy machine is) and everything should work fine. At
least it does here with build 261 (ie the latest) of the perproxy on
my alpha-linux box.

Good luck,
Mike

<*> Michael Larocque : mrl at riscan.com <*>