[RC5-PROXYPER] Randomprefix Info?

Charles W. Hubbard chubbard at owt.com
Wed Dec 31 08:32:31 EST 1997

A couple of days ago I was told by a few people on IRC that the clients
should be assigning random blocks out of segment 0x65. My client .ini
file showed randomprefix=100 (0x64).  I was told it was out of date and
I should change it to 101.  I did.  My team did.  But now random blocks
are assigned out of segment 0x66!  I was told today (by Nugget) that the
randomprefix field is set/updated automatically each time the client
connects to a proxy and SHOULD NOT be manually changed EVER.

So my question is:  All of my machines report through a pproxy. My
randomprefix field is still set to 101 even after several pproxy
transactions. Do the pproxies NOT pass down the randomblock prefix
setting?

Thanks,

Charlie Hubbard
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net