[RC5-PROXYPER] listening to more than 1 port

Friedemann Baitinger baiti at toplink.net
Sat Apr 11 18:08:57 EDT 1998

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> I'm running the personal proxy such that my machines on the LAN can do
> 'normal' connects to the 2064 port. Now I'd like to setup another
> listening port on the same proxy which speaks http protocol such that
> machines living behind a firewall can also connect to my personal proxy.
>
> Is such a configuration supported at all? If yes, how is this coded in
> the .ini file?

I'm glad I can answer my own question: I played with the config and
found out that I do not have to configure a second port in order to
achieve what I have asked for. Apparently it doesn't matter whether a
host on the LAN talks natively to the rc5-proxy's 2064 port or whether
the connection has been forwarded through a http proxy from behind some
firewall.

Friedemann Baitinger           baiti at toplink.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net