[RC5-PROXYPER] Q: Forcing a flush

Mitchell Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Tue Apr 21 22:47:23 EDT 1998

The original question was:

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 06:53:05PM -0700, lunaslide wrote:

> You don't technically Ctrl-Break.  Open the control panel, open services,
> locate the RC5 proxy service and click "Stop" on the right hand side.  If
> you aren't running it as a service, you can by typing "rc5despr -install".
> This will run the proxy whether you are logged in or not.

Ah, yes.. but the original question was more concerned with how you
force an NT personal proxy service to flush it's buffers and/or
reread the config file.  I think the answer is: You can't.  You
either have to run the pproxy as a console app (allowing you to
hit ctrl-break) or you restructure the setup so you don't have to
flush the proxy manually very often (better solution).

Maybe if the original poster could describe the situation in more detail
we could get a usable workaround.

    -- Mitch
--
   -- Mitch Patenaude             Software Engineer
      mitch at likeminds.com         LikeMinds Inc.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net