[RC5-PROXYPER] Unix Proxy and Http requests.

Justin Cave jocave at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 24 06:54:25 EDT 1998

At 07:07 PM 4/24/98 +1000, Bruce Campbell wrote

| Is there any way to determine *how* the client is requesting keys, ie
| directly or via http or via little green men? ;)

Not without examining the INI file.

| And the next question, how much of a load can the personal proxies
handle
| without being noticeable (at least on inhell hardware).
|
| At the moment I've got it ticking away at about 1Mkeys/sec handling
blocks
| from our internal inhell machines and the cafe macintoshes.  I'm
trying to
| convince a friend to let me run it on about 50 or so O2s which I'd say
| would be a good deal faster (heh).

Off the top of my head, I doubt it would be much of a burden on the
proxy to add those O2's.  If you set them all to use 2^28 blocks and
set the buffers to 1:1, you might conceivably run into problems, but
I believe the personal proxies can handle at least 50 simultaneous
connections.  If you set the O2's to something reasonable, you should
have absolutely no problem.

Justin Cave                        290 Massachusetts Ave
jocave at mit.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02139
http://mental-pygmie.mit.edu       (617) 225-9132
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net