[RC5-PROXYPER] NT-pers-proxy v278b doesn't fetch new blocks | send completed blocks

Philip Heede pah at surferdude.com
Wed Aug 5 20:06:04 EDT 1998

On Wed, 05 Aug 1998 16:49:57 +0200, Klaus Halbig wrote:

 >I configured rc5desproxyper-279b-win32-x86 .ini-file the following:

 >> [KeyServer]
 >> ipaddress=euro.v27.distributed.net
 >> port=2064
 >> workperiod=15
 >> ;bindip=
 >> uuehttpmode=0
 >> httpproxy=proxy.fth.sbs.de
 >> httpport=81
 >> ;httpid=

 >After starting the proxy I can flush blocks from a client to the proxy,
 >but the client can't get new ones due to the proxy never fetches any
 >block from e.g. euro.v27.distributed.net. A smiliar problem is, that no
 >block is ever flushed to e.g euro.v27.distributed.net.

You've specified a proxy to go through, but you haven't specified to
actually USE the proxy. If this proxy is required (if you're behind a
firewall), set uuehttpmode=2 if it is a HTTP proxy. If it's another type of
proxy, see README.TXT for more options.
On another completely unrelated note: You might want to upgrade the proxy to
build 280 just to have the latest version.

--
Sincerely,                 |
Philip Heede               | Don't waste your computer's idle time!

PGP Public RSA Fingerprint: 5DB0 21A6 A606 D9BC BD71 59CA 82B4 0C6E
PGP Public DSS Fingerprint: FDA0 A1FD D025 EF15 1041 894F 4109 0B57 CDAA ACC3

... OPERATOR! Trace this call and tell me where I am.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net