[RC5-PROXYPER] PProxy Config. Buffer size > 10k, please?

Andrew Donkin ard at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Aug 6 12:05:40 EDT 1998

William Scott Lockwood III <wsl3 at home.com> writes:

> Is there a way to make the PProxy flush at the same time, every day, and
> also, can it be made to hold it's blocks until that time?

As Jochen Erwied pointed out, a buffer size of 10,000 should see you
through the day and crontabs will refresh you.

If you need more than 10,000 keys in a day, then please join me in begging
the authors to remove that limit.

A crontab entry like the following will refresh your proxy.

	05 23 * * * kill -HUP `cat /wherever/proxy.pid`

Note: the HUP doesn't always fill your buffers completely.  Sometimes the
upstream proxy will close the connection early, leaving you dry.  Set
another cronjob to HUP your proxy a few minutes later; you'll double your
chances of being "filled".

In my experience, version 279 was the last usable Linux pproxy.  280 didn't
resolve hostnames properly and 281 went insane after signalling.

Andrew Donkin                                             Technical Support
School of Computing and Maths, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net