[RC5-PROXYPER] MySQL hooks.

First Spirit Sauron sauron at angband.ee.ualberta.ca
Mon Aug 31 22:47:04 EDT 1998

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 08:40:48PM -0700, Slicer's personal account wrote:

> This is probably exactly what you just said that you don't like doing
> but on our system I use the pproxy configuration file hook that runs a
> script when the logs are rolled.  The script is a perl deal with an
> interface to the Postgres database. It parses the log records, combines
> them into summary records and inserts them into our database. Every few
> minutes other perl scripts run, query the database, parse the current
> proxy log and generate our web pages. Beyond the 'log roll' hook I don't
> know of any others.

Hrm. That's pretty much what I'm doing now. But it would be really nice if
the proxy were to dump an entry right into a database instead of a log file.
I can't imagine that this would require TOO much coding. This would allow
for the databases to be current, something that would be difficult with
shell scripts.

--Jack

Two friends were out drinking when suddenly one lurched backward off his
barstool and lay motionless on the floor.
	"One thing about Jim," the other said to the bartender, "he sure
knows when to stop."
====-=-==== Jack (John) Cummings == cummings at nyquist.ee.ualberta.ca ====-=-====
========== for pgp public key --- finger the above address, and pray ==========

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net