[PROXYPER] Why doesn't proxy write competed blocks to disk immediately?

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Wed Dec 9 08:57:54 EST 1998

Hi,

the inevitable has happened to me yesterday :-) The power went off
and I lost some blocks which were already sent to the perproxy but
not written to the hard disk yet. I don't quite understand that - the
clients are checkpointing as hell just to make sure two blocks are
not lost - and then perproxy doesn't bother to flush ten or so blocks
to the hard disk. (And don't tell me to shorten workperiod - I don't
need to have the disk full of logfile. I always thought twenty
minutes was the right setting.) Anyone care to explain?
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net