[PROXYPER] ppbuffin files

Eckhard Ruediger Ruediger.Eckhard at icn.siemens.de
Fri Dec 11 15:27:31 EST 1998

If the blocks are not _too_ old, you can reuse them by some manual work:
1) for the ppbuffin.rc5: Make the proxy run out of blocks, e.g. by assigning
a wrong parent proxy id or by setting the timeout value high enough. Then
shut down the proxy, move the proxy to the 'right' location and restart the
proxy. Repeat this when these blocks are done, too. But now restart the
proxy with the correct internet connection settings again.
2) For the ppbuffout.rc5: Same procedure, but you can flush all blocks
manually by 'kill -HUP `cat *.pid` instead of waiting for the proxy to run
out of blocks.
Of course this assumes that some seconds of outage o the proxy doesn't hurt
too much. And don't forget to check that the buffer files that you are
overwriting are not more than 8 bytes long.

Rüdiger