[PROXYPER] answer to hiding perproxy on win9x/nt

KSaff ksaff at execpc.com
Sun Dec 13 00:40:09 EST 1998

Yes, Trayer does work for this purpose. I have been using it for several months.
I use the following shortcut properties command line in my startup group:

C:\WINDOWS\TRAYER.EXE C:\WINDOWS\command.com /cmdline="/c ''D:\Program
Files\rc5Proxy\rc5proxy.exe''" /icon=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\shell32.dll,18
/caption="MS" /updateicon=1 /child=1 /launcher=2 /single=1

[all one line of course]

where Trayer.exe is in c:\windows.  I call a custom command.com so that I can use
a 50 line screen (instead of 23).  If you only care to see a standard DOS box, you
can call the rc5proxy.exe directly. Follow the trayer instructions and it will
build your shortcut for you, if you wish.

A single click on the tray icon will bring up the proxy DOS box window. The only
caveat I have found is that you must manually shut down the proxy (CTRL-C in the
DOS box) before rebooting or shutting down Windows.

Kent