[PROXYPER] issue with Pproxy not giving out all the blocks

DHSinclair dx7 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 11:20:20 EST 1998

Jay,
  Thanks for the information. I'm going to try your workperiod tip. I'm having
problems with one proxy and 4 clients on my LAN. I use no DNS; just a fast hub
and 4 fast NICs.
  Without a constant network connection, the proxy does not appear to service
the 4 clients correctly. Within 60 minutes of shutting off the modem connection
to the web, the clients begin declaring network errors to/for the proxy. The
proxy just sits there as if nothing is wrong (other that it can not connect to
a DNet round robin), but it does stop passing out keys to valid client
requests. The net result is that the whole LAN crashes with all four machines
"locked up" and no longer communicating.
Thanks,
Duncan