[RC5-PROXYPER] web proxy works for client, but not proxyper

Bruce_Hibbard at psdi.com Bruce_Hibbard at psdi.com
Mon Feb 2 11:53:44 EST 1998

I was successful in connecting to the proxy through my firewall using
uuehttpmode=3 , but only once. So I have some DES keys I am working on, but
I can't send back the result.

I put a packet sniffer on the interface, and I can see my win/95 perproxy
connect through my firewall, and send a 262 byte
http message out. Then I see the ack, followed by a "C" in its own packet,
followed by the rest of the HTTP reply, starting with "ontent-type" about 2
milliseconds later.

It looks to me like someone is breaking the reply into a single byte packet
followed by the rest or of the http reply. As a result the perproxy doesn't
recognize the reply.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is this the key server's problem or
could it be a firewall problem? I wish I could post the
packet trace, but the demo I am using won't save the trace.

Bruce

"Avery, Richard (R.)" <richard.avery.rjavery at nortel.co.uk> on 01/30/98
03:45:48 AM

Please respond to rc5-proxyper at llamas.net