[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxyproblem!!

dan carter motion at es.co.nz
Tue Feb 3 23:59:32 EST 1998

On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 07:32:17 +0100, Mats wrote:

>Hi!
>
>When I run my proxy on my local net with the ip 192.162.1.1
>all my hosts can reach it, but when I dial my ISP then i
>receive a static IP 193.15.72.124 and my proxy can't connect
>to any other keyserver. How can I solv this problem...
>As I run it now i have to change the IP in the proxyini file
>so I can receive new keyblocks. But then my hosts can't reach
>my mashine!

>From the OS/2 readme (there all the same i believe):

[ports]/listenaddress: The IP address of the machine this personal proxy
is running on.  This is optional and only needed if the machine has
multiple IP addresses.  If you use one ip address for local connections,
and you have a dialup account that you use to fetch and flush blocks,
you do *not* need to set this.

So it sounds like you just need to leave this setting blank, rather than setting it to one interface or another. If you've tried that and it don't work then someone else will have to step in and help.
(i've only ever run it on a normal LAN connection myself)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net