[RC5-PROXYPER] Duplicated Blocks

Mitchell Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Wed Feb 4 06:47:07 EST 1998

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 09:24:00PM +1300, dan carter wrote:
>      Now today i notice that in the last day 137 (mainly 2^30) blocks were
>      duplicated. The only change of significance is that i upgraded the
>      proxy to 277b from the previous release.
>
>      Is there a known issue with the main key servers/proxies handing out
>      dup blocks, or this a problem with my personal proxy and maybe
>      clients?

I also upgraded my personal proxy to the 277b-linux-x86 version yesterday,
and have not observed any more duplicate blocks (yet).  I made one other
significant change, I started handing out 2^28 blocks as well as 2^30
blocks. (I have a old Mac IIci working on it, and it takes 15 hours to
do a 2^28 block, or over 60 to do a 2^30).

What OS are you using?

   -- Mitch
--
   -- Mitch Patenaude             Software Engineer
      mitch at likeminds.com         LikeMinds Inc.
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net