[RC5-PROXYPER] RE: Error Locating http proxy

Avery, Richard (R.) richard.avery.rjavery at nortel.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 18:40:08 EST 1998

The [original] error appears to be that the personal proxy will not
accept an IP address as httpproxy, it needs the full domain name. Can
anyone confirm this is the case?

Having replaced the IP address with the fully Qualified domain name I am
now getting either :-

Server closed the connection.

OR :-

Server packet failed descramble.
Error processing sever data. Closing.

Neither of which gets me very far. I think the closed connection could
just be a busy http proxy but the descramble message is a little more
disturbing.

The GUI client I have working uses a firemode of 4 and I thought this is
what I should use for uuehttpmode but I have tried 1, 2, 3 and 4 just in
case.

Anyone got a clue as I have none left.

Regards

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net