[RC5-PROXYPER] new personal proxy (OS/2)

The Man theman at fallout.nws.net
Tue Jan 13 14:59:33 EST 1998

Scott Lambert KC5MLE wrote:

> Can you tell if this is a problem?  It looks like the main proxy servers
> aren't acknowledging rc5 blocks sent by the dual perproxy.  It is now 12:48
> CST and I don't have any des blocks on the proxy server either.
> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Transmitting completed block to server
> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Server connection done, closing now
> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Putting back 15 unsent server acknowledgements

I have a solution to this: Stop the pproxy, rename/delete your
ppbuffout.rc5, restart it. The longer you wait, the more work you will lose.
This is caused somehow by not completely flushing/deleting the ppbuffout.rc5
prior to upgrading. You might try moving the ppbuffout.rc5 to another
directory and using a 261 pproxy to flush them (worked for me). Hope this
helps.

Keith Wesolowski		theman at fallout.nws.net
University of Nevada - CS/EE	Visit Earth's Fastest Computer!!!
The Fallout Shelter - North	http://www.fallout.nws.net/rc5/
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net