[RC5-PROXYPER] new personal proxy (OS/2)

slambert at warped.cswnet.com slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Tue Jan 13 17:50:05 EST 1998

In <34BBF1D5.E1C1717F at fallout.nws.net>, on 01/13/98
   at 02:59 PM, The Man <theman at fallout.nws.net> said:

>Scott Lambert KC5MLE wrote:
>>
>> Can you tell if this is a problem?  It looks like the main proxy servers
>> aren't acknowledging rc5 blocks sent by the dual perproxy.  It is now 12:48
>> CST and I don't have any des blocks on the proxy server either.
>> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Transmitting completed block to server
>> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Server connection done, closing now
>> [01/13/98 18:41:05 GMT] Putting back 15 unsent server acknowledgements

>I have a solution to this: Stop the pproxy, rename/delete your
>ppbuffout.rc5, restart it. The longer you wait, the more work you will
>lose. This is caused somehow by not completely flushing/deleting the
>ppbuffout.rc5 prior to upgrading. You might try moving the ppbuffout.rc5
>to another directory and using a 261 pproxy to flush them (worked for
>me). Hope this helps.

I DID remove the ppbuffout.rc5 file just now.  Same problem.  :-(

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
Registered user of MR/2 ICE    http://nick.secant.com/mr2ice.htm
Registered user of Injoy (advanced)            http://www.fx.dk/
I went to WarpStock '97.  Did you?     http://www.warpstock.org/