[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxyper over interlock

Bill Johnston wjohnst2 at ford.com
Tue Jan 13 20:47:41 EST 1998

I have been unsuccessful at getting the proxyper to run over our firewall.
(winblowz and Solaris)

The clients cross it just fine..

The proxy server repsponds with 'Server ## added to slot 1 ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
port XX'

Where ## is a server number and the X's are our firewall ip/port number...

What then happens is I get 'Server packet failed descramble' & 'Error
processing server data. Closing'

The funny thing is that I get the same error if I leave the httpid field blank?

For the httpid field, I use the same scrambled id/password string that is
generated in the client version????

The rc5proxy.ini file has the uuehttpmode=1.  But do all the proxies
communicate via uuencode?  Or are there certain ones?

Is the real IP that communicates with the main keyservers encoded in the
returned packet?  Because since it is going over a httpproxy my local proxyper
obviously is not the IP that acutally communicates with the key server.

The reason I have to use a personal proxy is that I attempted to setup 50
workstations here crunching away, and I got BUSTED by our firewall
administrator asking me why I was using the firewall from 50 hosts!!!!
 (Training session for the department, YEA THAT'S IT! ;-)

So unless I can get the proxy working, I'll only be able to use 1 or 2 hosts
here at work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Bill Johnston (N8HQG) - Vehicle Design & Proportion Technology
Ford Motor Co. 15301 Century Dr. Ste 201 Dearborn, MI 48120-1229

Ideas, thoughts, wishes, knowledge, body, mind & soul are mine,  I think?
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net