[RC5-PROXYPER] new personal proxy (OS/2)

Fabio Coatti cova at felix.unife.it
Wed Jan 14 13:13:09 EST 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Justin Cave wrote:

> | [01/14/98 07:10:37 GMT] Putting back 15 unsent server acknowledgements
> |
> | This is really a *big* problem...
>
> In my experience with previous proxies, that's expected.  When the
> proxy is busy, it doesn't acknowledge receipt of some of your blocks
> (15).  Your proxy notes that and tries to submit the blocks at some
> later time (a few minutes later).  It's never dropped blocks in my
> experience.

mmmhhh... I'm watching pproxy log and it's always unable to submit blocks.
It tries to submit 15 blocks, closes the connection, and reports that server
has not ack'ed 15 blocks. The count of blocks, both des&rc5, never drops.

Fabio Coatti
2:332/409.414                   Fidonet
cova at felix.unife.it             Internet
http://felix.unife.it/~cova     Home page
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net