[RC5-PROXYPER] new personal proxy (OS/2)

Scott Lambert KC5MLE slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Wed Jan 14 15:23:56 EST 1998

In <34BCC105.D73B4AA5 at adways.com>, on 01/14/98
   at 02:43 PM, Herve Lehoux <hlehoux at adways.com> said:

>Fabio Coatti wrote:

>> mmmhhh... I'm watching pproxy log and it's always unable to submit blocks.
>> It tries to submit 15 blocks, closes the connection, and reports that server
>> has not ack'ed 15 blocks. The count of blocks, both des&rc5, never drops.
>>

>Set max block to 1 and it should work...

That worked for a while.  I haven't gone through the pcon log file yet but
it's screwed up again.  I've got about 2000 blocks in ppbuffout.rc5.

I shut down the server,
 copied the ppbuffout.rc5 into another directory,
 restarted the server and it is now sending blocks again.

I have a theory that once there are more than a certain number of blocks
(less than 100) in the buffout file, the proxy has a bug that doesn't let it
read the file properly.  Maybe he gets his indexes wrong or something.

I'll have to copy the ppbuffout.rc5 file onto another machine to see if I
can make it send them.

Our team has been sending all blocks to my proxy so that we can generate our
own team stats.  I've been getting close to 30,000 blocks per day.  We
should be getting about 90,000 to 100,000 blocks per day with DES.  We have
sent out notices to point the clients elsewhere but some of these machines
don't get touched for a week or more at a time.  I need a fix!!

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
Registered user of MR/2 ICE    http://nick.secant.com/mr2ice.htm
Registered user of Injoy (advanced)            http://www.fx.dk/
I was at WarpStock '97.  Were you?     http://www.warpstock.org/
Written: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 - 03:23 PM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.029
There are 47 Processes with 191 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 1d 23h 29m 11s 664ms.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net