[RC5-PROXYPER] New personal proxies (274b)

Scott Lambert KC5MLE slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Thu Jan 15 11:02:59 EST 1998

>In <Version.32.19980115021458.00f2d710 at orion.ac.hmc.edu>, on 01/15/98
>   at 02:22 AM, Jeff Lawson <bovine at distributed.net> said:

>>There is a new personal proxy version available for some platforms (build
>>274b) that should correct a number of buffer and block problems that some
>>users were experiencing in previous versions.

>>Note that version 274b fixes a bug that was still present in 274 that would
>>cause failed server connections to put back DES blocks into the RC5 buffer.

>Are you sure about that?  The only thing I can see that has improved it I
>now get the right IP with client completed blocks.

I think the problem only occurs when there are both RC5 and DES blocks
waiting to be sent to the server.  I couldn't get it to send the blocks and
unzipped copy of the OS/2 274b personal proxy into the directory.

The OS/2 client package doesn't have an ini file included so it used the
rc5proxy.ini from the 261 build.  I started the client and it acted like it
didn't know anything about DES and sent all the rc5 blocks.  Then I used the
271 proxy which was also in that directory with it's full ini and it shipped
out the DES blocks.

Right now the proxy has:

[01/15/98 17:08:26 GMT] rc564 r=1754/2000, d=234/1, des r=1883/2000, d=12/1

and can't send blocks again.

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
Registered user of MR/2 ICE    http://nick.secant.com/mr2ice.htm
Registered user of Injoy (advanced)            http://www.fx.dk/
I was at WarpStock '97.  Were you?     http://www.warpstock.org/
Written: Thursday, January 15, 1998 - 11:02 AM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.029
There are 49 Processes with 193 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 2d 19h 11m 10s 562ms.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net