[RC5-PROXYPER] New version

Scott Lambert KC5MLE slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Fri Jan 16 10:57:43 EST 1998

In <199801161644.LAA11779 at eurydice.511.com>, on 01/16/98
   at 11:45 AM, Matt Steinhoff <mls at audiosports.net> said:

>> From: lantz moore <lantz_moore at contigo.com>
>> i'm still seeing the same block uploading problem in v275
>> as in v270 and v274b.

>    This isn't what you're gonna want to hear, but it's what worked for me.
>After completing nearly 2,700 DES 2^30 blocks and sending them to the
>personal proxy and trying every version of the RC5/DES to make it flush, I
>cut my loses, deleted all the buffer files and started new.
>    It has worked fine since.
>    (Note: Yes, I did delete the old proxy buff files before I installed
>the first RC5/DES version of the proxy. Yes, I had the right flag in the
>DES section. Yes, I did try everything the folks in #rc5 suggested to no
>avail.)

I would move the blocks to another directory just in case a later proxy
became available that was able to send them.  I've also had blocks I
couldn't get to send on the server machine that went out ok from my personal
machine.  Go figure.

Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
Registered user of MR/2 ICE    http://nick.secant.com/mr2ice.htm
Registered user of Injoy (advanced)            http://www.fx.dk/
I was at WarpStock '97.  Were you?     http://www.warpstock.org/
Written: Friday, January 16, 1998 - 10:57 AM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.029
There are 52 Processes with 199 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 3d 0h 29m 40s 468ms.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5-proxyper' to majordomo at llamas.net