[RC5-PROXYPER] Block size in proxyper

Travis Geiselbrecht geist at tamu.edu
Sun Jan 18 12:33:07 EST 1998

At 10:47 AM 1/16/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Since the clients can now handle variable block size, I am curious to ask
>what the block size is for proxyper. Since there is no way to specify
>that in .ini, what's the default?
>
>Some people were talking on #rc about people hogging on blocks. So I am
>curious to know whether the blocks sitting in my proxyper is 2^32 or what.
>Fearing of buffering too many blocks, I don't want to be the one sitting
>on the block containing the magic key.

It seems that the block size reported by the proxy is always 2^28.
Basically if a client requests a 2^30 block, the proxy sends it four 2^28
blocks, since 2^30 is four times the size of 2^28. That also is the reason
that sometimes a client will flush one block, and the out-buffer on the
proxy increases by four. I suppose that a 2^32 block is simply 16
sequential 2^28 blocks.

I set all of the client I installed to 2^28 blocks, just to make it easier
to deal with.
Travis Geiselbrecht

geist at tamu.edu
http://pro.dorms.tamu.edu/