[RC5-PROXYPER] Win Proxy ver 276

Avery, Richard (R.) richard.avery.rjavery at nortel.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 09:53:28 EST 1998

The new Windows personal proxy is available and the changes.proxy file
claims the HTTP problems (or some of them at least) have been cured :-

Fix for HTTP mode, nonstandard use of headers in netscape proxy.

I have installed this with mixed success. Firstly the readme file and
ini file both appear to be misformatted with regards to linefeeds/CRs. I
have managed to read the ini file on Unix and it appears the same as the
275 version so I have used my old ini file.

With the new version installed I am managing to reach a proxy
(206.129.117.43 - does anyone know the IP address for a European proxy)
as I get a 'proxy says' message back but the HTTP connection to my http
proxy is then closed.

Any clues? It may just be a busy proxy but my clients can get through to
fetch at least a few blocks!

Log File :-

[01/21/98 09:47:28 GMT] rc564 r=0/10, d=0/10, des r=0/10, d=0/10
[01/21/98 09:47:28 GMT] 0d 0:09:44, 0.0 rc5 Mkeys/sec 0.0 des Mkeys/sec
[01/21/98 09:47:28 GMT] Status: Slot 0 LISTENING
[01/21/98 09:47:28 GMT] Server 9 added to slot 1 ip nnn.ooo.ppp.qqq port
8080
[01/21/98 09:47:36 GMT] The proxy says: Now showing:  The Death of DES
(Nite Hawk)
[01/21/98 09:47:36 GMT] Closing HTTP connection for server
nnn.ooo.ppp.qqq

Ini File :-

; example proxy configuration file

[KeyServer]
ipaddress=206.129.117.43
port=2064
; server address to connect to
workperiod=15
;15-sec interval
;bindip=
;Specify this if you have multiple lan interfaces, and can only connect
;to a keyserver on one of them.
;Dialup users, you can leave this blank.

; set this to one to use the http proxy mode
uuehttpmode=2
httpproxy=<nnn.ooo.ppp.qqq>
httpport=8080
httpid=<ID from gui client>

[ports]
;ipaddress=207.43.209.10
; Put your ipaddress here only if you have multiple network interfaces
and
; only want to serve keys on *one* of them.
port=2064
;port2=23
;port3=80
;testport=3064
timeout=30

[console]
detached=0
; detaches proxy from controlling terminal
; and runs as a daemon process
logfileconsole=rc5pcon
; log of all console activity / even when detached
logfileconsolerotation=daily
; rotate logs none, hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly
consoleverbosity=255
;
; logverbosity is a bitmask, you
; can turn of individual bits to toggle
; different logging types
; 0   : No logs
; 1   : Keyblock info
; 2   : Keyserver comm
; 4   : GMT time display
; 8   : keybuffer status
; 16  : general logging
; 32  : statistics
; 64  : reserved for future use
; 128 : reserved for future use
; 255 : turns on all logging
;
; this new option works fairly well,
; however there is alot of source level
; sorting out of log output types, so if
; you see a message pertaining to something
; you thought you turned off, it's quite
; possible.

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=rc5pkey
; log of all completed keyblocks
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
; rotate logs none, hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly
minkeysready=5
maxkeysready=10
maxkeysdone=10

[desII]
logfilekeyblock=despkey
; log of all completed keyblocks
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
; rotate logs none, hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly
minkeysready=5
maxkeysready=10
maxkeysdone=10
allowdes=1
;Set to allow your proxy to serve desII blocks.

[misc]
proxymessage=Phear the dancing cows!
;pidfile=
;logfilecompressor=