[RC5-PROXYPER] max 32 connections

slambert at warped.cswnet.com slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Sun Jul 12 22:49:07 EDT 1998

In <19980713011952.B10712 at pinguin.uni-muenster.de>, on 07/13/98
   at 01:19 AM, Henning Eiben <eiben at pinguin.uni-muenster.de> said:

>On Fri, Jul 10, 1998 at 12:18:28PM -0500, Scott Lambert KC5MLE wrote:

>> >is there a way to get more than 32 connections to my perproxy?
>>
>> You do realize that is 32 *simultaneous* connections?  I have about 60,000
>> blocks per day come through my server and never have more than 5 concurrent
>> connections.

>I know ... but when I start about 150 clients simultaniously ... :=)

They will time out and try again until they get through.  Then everything
will be ok.  I'm guessing these would be on a nice fast LAN where a 10
block buffer update would take about one second anyway.  It should be all
ok within 30 seconds.

BTW: How do you start 150 clients simultaniously and they all need blocks?
Are you regularly adding that many *new* clients?

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
Registered user of MR/2 ICE    http://nick.secant.com/mr2ice.htm
Registered user of Injoy (advanced)            http://www.fx.dk/
I went to WarpStock '97.  Did you?     http://www.warpstock.org/