[RC5-PROXYPER] Problem with Linux Proxy 280 and 279b

Scott Lambert KC5MLE slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Tue Jul 14 08:45:04 EDT 1998

In <199807140653.IAA01049 at linux.antek.cz>, on 07/14/98
   at 08:54 AM, "Petr Novotny" <Petr.Novotny at antek.cz> said:

>Hi,

>I have tried Linux PerProxy 280 and 279b and both have the same  behaviour:

>During the night, the DES outbuffer reached 40 which I have set as
>maxkeysdone. From that moment, the proxy was refusing connections  both
>from the clients and from the "slave" proxies (Win32 b.280).  Tried
>downgrading, the behaviour's the same. After flushing out to  master proxy,
>it started to work OK...

Did you flush the out buffers for RC5 before switching to the new proxy
version?  I've heard that you may be able to get it to work by using an IP
address rather than a hostname for the server.  At least for the initial
flush.  That is hearsay though.

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Official hobbes.nmsu.edu mirror http://warped.cswnet.com/hobbes/
             ftp://warped.cswnet.com/pub/mirror/hobbes.nmsu.edu/
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
I will be at WarpStock '98. Will you?  http://www.warpstock.org/
Written: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 07:45 AM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
This machine's uptime is 3d 7h 18m 43s 234ms.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net