[RC5-PROXYPER] General Questions

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Wed Jul 15 12:20:24 EDT 1998

> Hello all,
>
> I've been using the PKP for about a month now and have a few
> questions as to how it works.
>
> 1) Is it true that PKP works FIFO (First in First Out) or is it FILO
> (First in Last Out)?

FIFO

> 2) I've heard that PKP will combine block back together before
> sending them into the key servers. i.e.  Clients are using 2^28
> blocks, when they get back to the PKP they get stuffed back into
> 2^31 blocks before they are sent back to the Key servers.  Is this
> true?

Partly; it does stuff them back provided that the information (like
e-mail, OS, build etc.) is identical; it also doesn't do much
searching in history. You can find more if you chain two pproxies and
analyze the log of the "master" one.

> 3) Can PKPs be chained together?  i.e. pkp -> pkp -> keyserver

Yes - but not through a HTTP proxy (or at least I was told so). It is
not a documented feature (or is it already?) but it works in most
places...
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net