[RC5-PROXYPER] New Linux Proxy? (280)

slambert at warped.cswnet.com slambert at warped.cswnet.com
Wed Jul 15 19:02:03 EDT 1998

In <s5adc860.050 at smtpgate.chhlth.govt.nz>, on 07/16/98
   at 09:30 AM, Stuart Whelan <Stuart.Whelan at chhlth.govt.nz> said:

>Greetings.

>I am a big believer in only updating to a latest release of something
>when it actually gives me something I want (Like a bug fix, new feature I
>am interested in etc).

>But readme file for 280 of the linux proxy contains no new information.

>Is anyone able to let me know what advantages there are in updating?

Documentation seems to have taken a back seat to something...

Flush the buffers with your current version before you upgrade.  (if you
do upgrade)  That line has been in the documentation for a while and some
people don't take it seriously.

Also some Linux users have had to specify a proxy server ip for at least
the first fetch after upgrading.

--
Scott Lambert
slambert at warped.cswnet.com
KC5MLE              Member Team OS/2         Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
Official hobbes.nmsu.edu mirror http://warped.cswnet.com/hobbes/
             ftp://warped.cswnet.com/pub/mirror/hobbes.nmsu.edu/
Python for OS/2 homepage    http://warped.cswnet.com/python_os2/
I will be at WarpStock '98. Will you?  http://www.warpstock.org/
Written: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 06:02 PM

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net