[RC5-PROXYPER] network access mode for personal proxy with dial-up?

Oyvind Antonsen oyvindan at online.no
Sat Jul 25 16:55:13 EDT 1998

At 06:39 25.07.98 -0700, you wrote:
>Duncan:
>
>Thanks.  You're right, I was reading to much into the dial-up reference.
>"Lurk-only" is so slick, I wanted to see it in the proxy, too, I guess.  I'm
>back in business.
>
>I still don't see a way to run in service mode and never touch it manually,
>unless there is a way to externally request a flush, as Phillip suggested.
>I don't think I can do a control-break and direct it to a service, or
>something like that.

I think the program called "Remote Cows" (link on dist.net site) can do
that for you... or did it just control the client??? Can't remember at the
mo but it might be worth cecking out or askin the author to support the
proxy aswell as the client....

Oyvind Antonsen

Mailto:oyvindan at online.no               C64^576kB^1541-II^Action Replay MK V
IRC: TMB                         A1200^030^882 at 50MHz/34Mb/2.1Gb/SCSI/1Gb Jaz
Experimental HomePage:                         http://home.sol.no/~oyvindan/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net