[RC5-PROXYPER] perproxy no longer works

Christopher Hodson (Consultant) cmh at fpk.hp.com
Mon Jun 29 15:56:24 EDT 1998

I know someone brought this up, but I never saw an answer.  My perproxy
stopped sending or receiving blocks last week, so I upgraded to 278
(then 279, then279a, then 279b - all in two busines days).  Nothing has
helped.  The pp is now out of blocks, it thinks DES has started, and the
WinNT client has a bug that causes it to stop after doing one block.

Are there any plans to start testing BEFORE releasing code?  Who thought
they should upgrade the main proxies before seeing if older(current)
proxies would connect to them properly?  Who thought of releasing new
perproxy code before testing that it would work?  This project is
supposed to be fire-and-forget, with the option of hacking around.
Lately, it's been
if-you-want-things-to-work-at-all-you-better-work-at-it.  And even then
I can't get it to work.

I tried IRC, but all I got was someone asking if I had upgraded to the
latest version, and a couple of kids comparing web pages.
--
Christopher M. Hodson
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net