[RC5-PROXYPER] Problem with Win32 277b - bug or feature

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Tue Mar 24 13:19:07 EST 1998

Hi,

at home, I am using personal proxy on my stand-alone computer
(Win95). [The reason is that pproxy "resynthetizes" blocks and thus
lowers demands on internet connection - I am paying per minute.] I
get online usually once a day.

Now I noticed the following behaviour:
If there are blocks to be submitted and connection is not available,
proxy continuously raises workperiod. BUT, after rebooting the
computer (before the first flush after rebooting), it does NOT raise
the workperiod (even under the same condition, ie. lots of block
waiting to be submitted). There is a difference for me - if it does
raise workperiod, the daily log is about 50kB; if it doesn't, it's
more likely to be 1.3MB.

BTW, is 277b still beta? Or what does the "b" stand for?
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz