[RC5-PROXYPER] Problem with NT pp

lunaslide lunaslyd at pacbell.net
Wed May 6 01:24:15 EDT 1998

Hello.  Something has gone very wrong with the NT pproxy I've been running.
 I rebooted into Windows 95 which I have set up to play games.  When I
rebooted back into NT, I tried to do a flush from the client, but nothing
happened.  When I looked in the Services control panel, the proxy is setup
for automatic startup as a system process, but it was not started.  Trying
to manually start it gave me the following error message:

"Could not start the Bovine Distributed.Net rc5 Proxy Service service on
\\STERLING.  Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the service, downloading a
fresh copy and even tried (after uninstalling) removing the proxy keys from
the registry (some labeled LEGACY_BOV* it would not let me remove.)  The
system config and proxy ini file are below.  Please help!

- ----System Information
Platform: Windows NT v. 4.0
Machine Type: Intel
System Version: 4.0
Processor: Dual PII 266
Physical RAM Installed: 130480 Kb
Virtual RAM: 2097024 Kb
Winsock: WinSock 2.0

Personal Proxy 277b
[KeyServer]
ipaddress=us.v27.distributed.net
port=2064
workperiod=15

[ports]
port=2064
timeout=30

[console]
detached=0
logfileconsole=rc5pcon
logfileconsolerotation=daily
consoleverbosity=255

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=rc5pkey
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=256
maxkeysready=4096
maxkeysdone=512
timeaverage=12
randomprefix=103

[desII]
logfilekeyblock=despkey
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=5
maxkeysready=10
maxkeysdone=10
timeaverage=12
contestclosed=-1091571699

[misc]
proxymessage="The key is out there."
showcumulativestats=1

lunaslide           *          PGP key->pgpkeys.mit.edu port 11371
The problem with Microsoft is that they just have no taste.
           *            -Steve Jobs                 *
Get active now.  Join Bovine.  Crack RC5 and other weak encryption
to protect your privacy.  http://www.distributed.net/rc5/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net